Sweet and Spicy Grilled Pineapple
These sweet and spicy grilled pineapple skewers may be the easiest recipe I’ve ever posted. But easy doesn’t mean it’s doesn’t bring the wow factor with the flavor. I made a super fast glaze for the pineapple by combining honey, Sriracha sauce, and soy sauce. That’s it! Brush some one before you grill it, a little more while grilling, and the last little bit after. The honey gives it that sticky sweetness you want and the Sriracha adds a little heat. The soy sauce brings the balance and adds some salt. But the pineapple is still the star. So pick a pineapple that is sweet and ripe for the best results. And when you cube the pineapple you want to have good sized chunks or they will tear and fall off the skewers. I really think this the perfect side dish for a bbq and it’s fun because it’s on skewers and who doesn’t love a skewer? Serve with grilled chicken or steak and my cucumber, garbanzo, tomato salad with creamy pesto and you have yourself a summer meal!
*Use metal skewers if you have them but wooden skewers are fine too as long as you soak them ahead of time. And I like to trim them down to the size I need so there isn’t a bunch of excess skewer just hanging out ready to catch fire.
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1/2 pineapple, core removed and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- Soak the wooden skewers for a minimum of 25 minutes.
- Combine the honey, soy sauce, and sriracha in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Heat a grill or grill pan. While heating skewer the pineapple and brush with 1/3 of the glaze.
- Grill on all sides, turning evenly so all sides cook. Total time approximately 4 minutes per side. Brush with 1/3 of the glaze as you cook.
- Remove to a serving tray and brush with remaining glaze.