Brown Sugar and Bourbon Glazed Bacon
Part of my Father’s Day menu is this mouth watering and super simple Brown Sugar and Bourbon Glazed Bacon. It contains all the necessary elements (sweet, salty and little back-of-the-mouth tang from the Bourbon). And it’s the perfect accompaniment for any brunch but particularly a Father’s Day brunch that features all things bourbon, bacon and beer. I bet you know a dad out there who will love this amped up version of bacon! And if you aren’t sure of the bourbon part (or if you want to make this kid friendly) just omit the whiskey and keep the brown sugar and it will still be scrumptious.
You can probably just set a platter of this bacon on the table and watch it disappear….but it’s also good crumbled up on top of ice cream that gets topped off with some of that whiskey caramel sauce. Oh my! Or even sticking out of Bloody Mary if that’s your drink of choice. Any way you look at it you can’t go wrong with brown sugar, bacon and bourbon all sharing the same bite, right?
Here’s a link to a few things that go along with this Father’s Day menu that you might want to try too:
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons bourbon
- Preheat oven to 325. Place the bacon on a rack on top of a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the bacon on both sides with the bourbon. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the top of each slice of bacon.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until just crisp. Place under the broiler and watch closely for the last few seconds to get the sugar all bubbly and brown.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature. Can be reheated.